Thursday, October 7, 2010

my memories of Ihm Chennai hostel days ....

It was the summer of 1999 when I stepped at the Chennai central accompanied with my father and girju data .we checked in a hotel near the railway station .next morning after we were done with the formalities we went to tirupati balaji for darshans .it was a great experience .
Next morning my father and girju data left me with my luggage at ihmct&an boy hostel’s room no 18 and left for Udaipur.

I came to know that I have to live with my roommate Narayan Tharoor from Pallacad .As soon as we setteled we were asked to come to the mess where briefing was conducted by some seniors who told us about the Personality Development Program (PDP)  which will follow from now .full sleeves shirt slippers in wrong legs and the upper most button to be tied every time at  hostel premises .and very important thing the five friends to be kept in the paint pocket every time and nothing in shirt pocket.
Some other interesting things I remember now after 10 years are the hostel song ,learning the names with room nos of all hostalites .the bad days ended before  dusshera breaks  ,the day the Hindu god ram got victory over ravana the demon king .we had a freshers party with our own money and still enjoyed the freedom.
Kanagam was the place where we hostallites use to go for party after mid night ‘garnish ‘on a birthday and use to have tea ,coffee,ragi,biscuits and of course smoke.annexxe was the other place outside the campus where we use to get smoke and vada’s in collage time .Rotas at mess and the fried chicken on Sundays and Wednesday at mess are a few things I miss a lot .

Pushkar who joined us as the third roommate was an adventurous boy and we both used to explore Chennai we went to movies followed with dinner almost everyday after classes .I remember one insident when I returned from home after breaks the wine shopkeeper called us and asked ‘anna long time no see’.
The teachers I can recall are Chef Sabapati ,Chef Roberts  Chef Parimala ,
 Chef abhraam in second year once scolded me as I was standing outside the class with my shoe on the wall he told me that I am making the wall dirty even today whenever I remember the chef and the insident. Mr. Dadhwal with his French and Mr. Gitesh with his French classical menu ,even Mr. Thambu with his communication skills  are few teachers I still remember.

Khambha,sutta king nirjhar,machli,Nunnu were some nicknames saju dushyant ankur, rahul dev swami  goseph george ,ABD,dutta chitlaa above all Drigesh and many  I still remember .everyone was friend, mess nights were great but incomplete without booze and music. The ODC’s which fetched us some cash to enjoy ,girls from girls hostel neha ,babita,Dipti and pratima were few I could still remember .many of my friends are abroad also .Hope everyone else are well off in life .

4 comments:

  1. off all your jottings rather what i call cut paste job,,, this the one i would cherish and rate over all,,, please write something what matters rather than scribbling hypocrytic nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember when i went on the second floor where third yr seniors lived, you were lying on the floor and enacting as if you were a fish. If my memory serves me right, Shameen was playing some thing. Btw you were one of the decent guys in the hostel. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is fascinating one and it induce me to know more about it. Thanks for the sharing this blog and keep on sharing these kind of useful blogs. PG NEar Perungudi

    ReplyDelete