Thursday, May 10, 2012

Patience

The lesser known cousin of the seven sins.  And indeed, “patience is a virtue” . Our life is a marathon, but whether you define success by recognition, respect, money, power or fame – success is subjective, relative and fluid and boils down to Ambition, Vision, Determination, Execution, Luck and Timing

“I haven’t got a lot of patience”, Jeffrey Katzenberg
It’s not that patience isn’t valued; it’s that no one else is actually all that patient.  Whether you are growing a business or chasing a girl or trying to lose weight or auditioning on American Idol, no one will sit around and wait for results.
Last week I saw a man on a bike flying down the busiest street in our town.  I thought to myself, “you nut, why don’t you use the sidewalk?”  As I passed him I saw that it was a friend of mine and immediately thought “oh, he must be in a hurry, I hope he stays safe on this road”.  Again, a stark example of thinking the worst of someone when we don’t know them, but having great patience when we do.
Some scholars have defined patience as a good human characteristic or a positive psychological attitude, by virtue of which we refrain from doing that which is not good.Which is perfect, Human beings cannot live a proper, healthy life without patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment